Objectives and Tasks
At the Studienkreis für Tourismus und Entwicklung, we
- see ourselves as an institution that works in a critical manner, academically sound and at the same time relevant in practice, while pursuing not-for-profit objectives.
- stand for environmentally friendly and socially responsible tourism with a holistic perspective.
- raise awareness on the risks, opportunities and responsibility of tourism development for people, nature and culture, especially in so-called developing and newly industrialised countries.
- monitor and study conditions, types and impacts of tourism development and resulting conflicts.
- develop concepts that strengthen the potentials of tourism and optimise it in accordance with the principles of sustainable development.
- promote a kind of tourism development that fosters development, human dignity, security and justice.
- advocate a kind of tourism that contributes to intercultural encounters, to mutual learning and respect as well as cultural diversity.
- participate in public discussions on questions of tourism development, bring together different players and encourage dialogue.